Patients who have cataracts often wonder when they are ready for cataract surgery to correct their vision. Cataracts affect more than 24 million Americans age 40 and older and are the most common cause of treatable vision loss in people 55. Cataracts generally develop slowly and painlessly, but sooner or later, you are bound to experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Blurred Vision– Blurriness is one of the earliest and most common signs of cataracts. Changing your prescription may help, but it can’t correct the problem permanently.
- Faded or Dull Colors– Colors appear less vivid than they once were. Certain shades can become more difficult to differentiate from one another.
- Poor Night Vision– At first, you may simply need more light to read. Over time, you may find it more difficult to see objects in the dark, particularly when driving.
- Sensitivity to Light– Lights may seem uncomfortably bright, or appear to have halos around them.
Left untreated, cataracts have the potential to cause a significant loss of vision and compromise your safety and mobility. The decision to have cataract surgery & lens implants is a personal one that you and your eye doctor can decide based on how much your cataracts interfere with your daily activities. Some things to consider, when considering cataract surgery:
- Can you see to safety do your job and to drive?
- Do you have problems reading or watching TV?
- Is it difficult to cook, shop, climb stairs or take medications?
- Do vision problems affect your independence?
- Do bright lights make is harder to see?
If you or someone you know is experiencing cataract symptoms such as cloudy foggy vision, glare or difficult night driving and would like to learn more about cataract surgery & lens implants please call The Eye Care & Surgery Center at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, NJ 07090 at (908) 789-8999, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, NJ 07059 at (908) 754-4800 or 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, NJ 08830 at (732) 636-7355, or visit The Eye Care & Surgery Center or Facebook.
The Eye Care & Surgery Center, an affiliate of Prism Vision Group, is located at 592 Springfield Avenue, Westfield, New Jersey 07090, 10 Mountain Boulevard, Warren, New Jersey 07059 and 517 Route One South, Suite 1100, Iselin, New Jersey 08830, and is easy to reach for patients from throughout central and northern New Jersey.
Link to The Eye Care & Surgery Center Google Review Page
Review Us On Google